Chace Crawford joins 'Peace' pic
'Gossip Girl' star will play war-protesting love interest
"Gossip Girl" star Chace Crawford will act alongside Jane Fonda and Catherine Keener in "Peace, Love, and Misunderstanding," a multi-generational indie film to be directed by Bruce Beresford.
Crawford was attached to star in Paramount's remake of "Footloose" but backed out in April. Insiders blamed "Gossip Girl's" shooting schedule at the time.
Now he joins an indie drama which centers on Diane, a conservative lawyer (Keener) who, after her husband leaves her, takes her son and daughter to the house of their estranged, hippie grandmother (Fonda) in Woodstock. What was meant to be a stress-free getaway quickly turns into a reminder of why Diane escaped her mother's hippie lifestyle in the first place.
Crawford will play a war-protesting butcher who catches the eye of Diane's politically active and intellectual daughter.
Christina Mengert and Joseph Muszynski wrote the script.
BCDF Pictures is producing and financing the picture, which is eyeing a July start in New York's Hudson River Valley.
Crawford, repped by CAA and Podwall Entertainment, has the Joel Schumacher drama "Twelve" in the can.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott