Chairman Cheung exits ATV
No reason given for sudden departure
BEIJING -- Asia Television Ltd. chairman Linus Cheung resigned from the company with immediate effect Monday, after only 12 months in the position.
Neither Cheung nor ATV gave any explanation for the sudden departure. Cheung had been brought in to turn the privately-held, second-place Hong Kong broadcaster around.
The company has laid off about 200 employees this year, and was planning an initial public offering once it returned to profitability.
ATV trails Television Broadcasts Ltd., its local rival in both Chinese and English programming. TVB is one of the world's largest producers of Chinese-language television content.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR