‘That Championship Season’
Jason Patric stars in a restaging of his father’s Pulitzer-winning Broadway hit, which despite polish and an able cast, hasn’t aged well.
A drama about the bitter recriminations of a generation of men stung by the reality of their diminished promise and feeling let down by their leaders should strike chords in this rudderless age of epidemic disillusionment. So why does this deluxe revival of such a celebrated play as That Championship Season fall flat?
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR