Chan Phung Joins Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions as VP of Acquisitions
She will focus on acquiring content for all of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s various distribution channels, including theatrical, home entertainment, TV and digital.
Chan Phung has joined Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions as VP of acquisitions.
Phung’s focus will be on acquiring content for all of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s various distribution channels, including theatrical, home entertainment, TV and digital. She will report to senior VP Joe Matukewicz.
Phung is on the ground at this week's Sundance Film Festival and upon return will begin prepping for the Berlin Film Festival.
“(Phung) brings to the group an incredible knowledge of the industry with experience in both domestic and international acquisitions," said Matukewicz.
Phung joins SPWA from Universal Pictures, where she was executive director of worldwide acquisitions. Before that, she was manager of acquisitions for Focus Features. She started her career as an assistant in the talent department of William Morris.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR