'The Change-Up': The Scene That Won Over Leslie Mann
The actress shares the comedic scene that kept her laughing.
Leslie Mann, whose long list of comedic successes include Knocked Up, The 40-Year-Old Virgin and Funny People, plays Jamie Lockwood, the wife of Jason Bateman’s character in The Change-Up.
Mann, who is married to producer Judd Apatow, holds her own in the body-changing comedy alongside Bateman, Ryan Reynolds and Olivia Wilde. Mann told The Hollywood Reporter about what initially drew her to the script, written by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore.
“Honestly the scene where my character, I’m looking really sexy and walking to the bathroom naked and I sit down on the toilet and take a big poop,” said Mann. “I read that over and over again and thought it was so funny!”
Mann’s husband, Judd Apatow, also attended the premiere. “He said that he loved it and that it was really funny,” said Mann when THR asked what she thought of the script. “And he was very helpful and we are very supportive of each other.”
Bateman plays Dave, an overworked family man whose best friend (Ryan Reynolds) is a single, quasi-employed ladies man. After peeing in a fountain and wishing for each other’s lives, the friends wake up to find themselves in each other’s bodies.
“Jason and Ryan are so much fun and they are constantly trying to outwit each other using references that I don’t understand at all,” said Mann of working with her costars. “I feel really stupid around them but it’s relaxing because I don’t have to talk much.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram