Channel 4 Acquires 'Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD' for U.K.
The show will premiere in Britain soon after its fall launch on ABC.
EDINBURGH – British broadcaster Channel 4 has acquired the U.K. broadcast rights to Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, the new ABC series set to debut this fall.
The show from Marvel Television and ABC Studios will premiere on Channel 4 in the fall "soon after its launch on the ABC network," the company said.
Financial details weren't disclosed.
The show, from producer, director and co-writer Joss Whedon, is Marvel’s first live-action TV series and focuses on global law-enforcement agency SHIELD.
Clark Gregg returns in the role of Agent Phil Coulson from last year's big-screen Avengers. Coulson assembles a group of agents to investigate strange and unknown phenomena.
Other actors include Brett Dalton (Blue Bloods, Army Wives), Ming-Na Wen (ER, Eureka), Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge (Shelter) and Chloe Bennet (Nashville).
Said Channel 4 chief creative officer Jay Hunt: "Like the superhero universe from which it has come, Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD is big, bold and absolutely exhilarating. Featuring the production values you’d expect from Marvel and ABC Studios, this is family entertainment at its most exciting."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)