Channel 4 Criticized for Airing 'The Joy of Teen Sex'
1:39 PM PST 2/9/2011 by Mimi Turner
The series, which airs on the U.K. network that broadcast the original "Skins" and "Queer as Folk," has been attacked for "an overemphasis on sexual techniques and products" with "little attention paid to communication, confidence, respect."
LONDON -- Channel 4, the network that launched Skins in the U.K., has been severely criticized by a group of sex-education specialists for sexualizing children and relationships in its current series The Joy of Teen Sex.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile