Channel 4 Takes Nigella Lawson's 'The Taste'
The cooking competition show, which also features Anthony Bourdain, Brian Malarkey and Ludo Lefebvre, airs on ABC.
COLOGNE, Germany -- Channel 4 in the U.K. has picked up rights to cooking competition format The Taste featuring famed TV foodies Nigella Lawson and Anthony Bourdain.
The network's deal with The Taste producers Red Arrow International are for both the U.S. original show, which airs on ABC, and for British remake rights for the format.
The show, which in the U.S. version also features Brian Malarkey and Ludo Lefebvre as celebrity judges, has been a sales hit internationally, with local versions planned for Canada, Germany, Australia and France, among others. ABC has just commissioned a second season of the U.S. original.
Lawson began her career as a TV chef with a series of cooking specials on Channel 4. More recently, the celebrity has been in the news because of her very public split with her husband, famed ad executive and modern art collector Charles Saatchi. Saatchi was recently photographed grabbing Nigella’s throat at Scott’s restaurant in Mayfair, central London, an incident that led to a police caution for assault and to a broad media discussion in Britain about domestic abuse.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!