Channing Tatum Planning 'Magic Mike' Sequel
The red-hot actor says a follow-up to the male stripper dramedy is in the early stages.
Magic Mike fans, rejoice: Channing Tatum says he's planning a sequel to the hit movie in which he stars as the titular male stripper-hero.
When asked about the prospect during a Twitter question-and-answer session for Glamour magazine, the actor responded: "Yes, yes and yes! We're working on the concept now. We want to flip the script and make it bigger."
No word on whether Steven Soderbergh would return to the direct the Florida-based dramedy about an all-male dance revue. Tatum co-stars with Matthew McConaughey (in a self-parodying role as the strippers' eccentric manager), Alex Pettyfer, Joe Manganiello, Matt Bomer and Cody Horn.
As THR exclusively reported, Tatum is in negotiations to star in and produce a film about '70s daredevil Evel Knievel for Columbia Pictures. He'll produce with his Iron Horse Entertainment partner Reid Carolin, who wrote the Magic Mike script and also will write the Knievel screenplay. The film will be based on Stuart Barker's 2008 book Life of Evel.
Tatum, whose recent credits include 21 Jump Street and Haywire, will next shoot Bennett Miller's Foxcatcher, based on another true-life character, Olympic wrestler Mark Schultz.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David