Channing Tatum planning 'Ten Year' reunion
EXCLUSIVE: Ensemble drama centers on friends reuniting
A new generation of talent is getting ready to tackle the high school reunion movie.
Channing Tatum is working with Jamie Linden and producers Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey of Temple Hill on "Ten Year," an ensemble drama about friends reuniting a decade after their graduation.
Linden, who wrote "We Are Marshall," is penning the script and will direct. He also wrote "Dear John," which starred Tatum and was based on a Nicholas Sparks novel.
Tatum has been heavily involved in the development process. He also will star and join Temple Hill in producing the film with his 33andOut Prods. partner Reid Carolin.
The script is being written with specific actors in mind, with a partial list including Tatum's wife, Jenna Dewan ("Step Up"); pals Anna Faris and her husband, Chris Pratt; Chris Pine; and Scott Porter ("Friday Night Lights").
There are no deals in place for the actors, and involvement will depend on availability. The indie production also is assembling financing, though the filmmakers are hoping to begin shooting in November.
Tatum, repped by UTA and Management 360, is shooting "The Vow" with Rachel McAdams in Toronto.
Linden is repped by Paradigm and Magnet Management.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For