Channing Tatum Spoofs Jean-Claude Van Damme's Volvo Truck Split (Video)
The action-flick actor mimicked the conditions of Van Damme's epic stunt while on the set of "22 Jump Street."
Of the many subtitles flashed during Volvo Trucks' viral commercial, no still ever reads, "Do not try this at home." Therefore, leave it to Channing Tatum to attempt Jean-Claude Van Damme's epic split between two moving trucks -- as best he can, at least.
Just days after Volvo's Van Damme video took the Internet by storm, Tatum uploaded his own version, taped on the set of 22 Jump Street. Accompanied by the same song, "Only Time" by Enya, the opening monologue comes from Tatum in character as Jenko, the cop who went undercover as a high school student in the 21 Jump Street remake and is now on assignment as a college freshman in its sequel.
Though not atop two moving trucks, Tatum balances on two food carts found on set and pushed apart by members of the crew -- all while Tatum keeps a straight face and begins to spread his legs into a split.
Whether he actually achieves the stunt is another thing. Watch Van Damme's epic original and Tatum's hilarious spoof below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR