Charges dropped against Randy Quaid
Actor, wife had been charged with defrauding an innkeeper
SANTA BARBARA -- Randy Quaid won't have to worry about any more court appearances after prosecutors dropped felony charges against the actor.
Quaid's wife, Evi, however, will be on probation for three years after she pleaded no contest Wednesday in Santa Barbara to a misdemeanor count of defrauding an innkeeper.
Senior Deputy District Attorney Arnie Tolks says Evi Quaid will also have to perform 240 hours of community service.
The couple had been charged with defrauding an innkeeper out of more than $10,000 as well as conspiracy and burglary.
Their legal saga had included several missed court appearances and a brief stint in jail Monday after they showed up to court two weeks after missing their last hearing.
The Quaids' attorney, Robert Sanger, says the couple is pleased with the outcome.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR