style news

Charges reduced for former 'Top Model' designer

Alexander still faces nine counts of molestation in New York.

Fashion designer Anand Jon Alexander, who previously worked with stars including Paris Hilton and Mary J. Blige, is still fighting charges of molesting nine would-be models after New York prosecutors this week dropped some of the charges.

Known professionally as Anand Jon, the charges against the 37-year-old surfaced in 2007; he was convicted in 2008 of sexually assaulting seven women and girls and sentenced to 59 years to life in prison. He was charged in New York with preying on a dozen women after contacting them about modeling work.

Attorneys for the designer previously featured on "America's Next Top Model" were pleased with this week's dismissal as good news for Alexander, who says he's innocent of all allegations.

"We're very pleased about (the dismissal) because we think it's the beginning of a case that's going to be fought very hard in court," attorney Adam Freedman told the Associated Press.

The Manhattan District Attorney's Office declined to specify why prosecutors cut the three women from the list; a judge Wednesday dismissed charges relating to the three.

Alexander has pleaded not guilty to rape and other charges in the  New York case

What do you think?

comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement