Charles S. Dutton Cast in FX Super Hero Pilot 'Powers'
He'll play the captain overseeing detectives investigating crimes involving those with powers.
Charles S. Dutton has been cast in FX's drama pilot Powers.
The actor, best known for playing the title character in Fox's 1990s dramedy Roc, will play Captain Cross, the head of a homicide police department where detectives Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim investigate crimes involving those with superpowers.
Powers, based on the long-running Image Comics series by Brian Michael Bendis (Marvel's Avengers, X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man), hails from Sony Pictures Television and FX Productions. Charles H. Eglee (The Waking Dead) is adapting the comic with Michael Dinner directing the pilot.
Dutton most recently appeared in the feature Legion. He's repped by Innovative Artists.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10