Charlie Day-Hosted 'SNL' Draws Best Ratings in More Than a Month (Video)
Saturday night's episode, with Maroon 5 as the musical guest, earned the show's best numbers since Melissa McCarthy hosted Oct. 1.
The Charlie Day-hosted edition of NBC's Saturday Night Live was the NBC show's top-rated episode in more than a month.
Saturday night's SNL, which featured Maroon 5 as the musical guest, averaged a 4.9 rating/11 share in the metered-market households. That makes it the top-rated SNL since the Oct. 1 episode, hosted by Melissa McCarthy.
In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 2.8/1 among adults 18-49, the show's best number since its Justin Timberlake-hosted season finale in May.
On Saturday night's episode, Day helped skewer the Kardashians, Moammar Gadhafi and Justin Bieber.
Day also was joined onstage during his monologue by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia co-star Danny Devito. The latter encouraged Day to give the most to his first turn on the show, which Day took as a cue to sing a song titled "Charlie Day Day."
The next scheduled SNL hosts are Emma Stone on Nov. 12 and Jason Segel on Nov. 19. Coldplay and Florence + the Machine will be the musical guests, respectively.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues