Charlie Day-Hosted 'SNL' Draws Best Ratings in More Than a Month (Video)
Saturday night's episode, with Maroon 5 as the musical guest, earned the show's best numbers since Melissa McCarthy hosted Oct. 1.
The Charlie Day-hosted edition of NBC's Saturday Night Live was the NBC show's top-rated episode in more than a month.
Saturday night's SNL, which featured Maroon 5 as the musical guest, averaged a 4.9 rating/11 share in the metered-market households. That makes it the top-rated SNL since the Oct. 1 episode, hosted by Melissa McCarthy.
In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 2.8/1 among adults 18-49, the show's best number since its Justin Timberlake-hosted season finale in May.
On Saturday night's episode, Day helped skewer the Kardashians, Moammar Gadhafi and Justin Bieber.
Day also was joined onstage during his monologue by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia co-star Danny Devito. The latter encouraged Day to give the most to his first turn on the show, which Day took as a cue to sing a song titled "Charlie Day Day."
The next scheduled SNL hosts are Emma Stone on Nov. 12 and Jason Segel on Nov. 19. Coldplay and Florence + the Machine will be the musical guests, respectively.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills