Charlie Day-Hosted 'SNL' Draws Best Ratings in More Than a Month (Video)
Saturday night's episode, with Maroon 5 as the musical guest, earned the show's best numbers since Melissa McCarthy hosted Oct. 1.
The Charlie Day-hosted edition of NBC's Saturday Night Live was the NBC show's top-rated episode in more than a month.
Saturday night's SNL, which featured Maroon 5 as the musical guest, averaged a 4.9 rating/11 share in the metered-market households. That makes it the top-rated SNL since the Oct. 1 episode, hosted by Melissa McCarthy.
In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, SNL averaged a 2.8/1 among adults 18-49, the show's best number since its Justin Timberlake-hosted season finale in May.
On Saturday night's episode, Day helped skewer the Kardashians, Moammar Gadhafi and Justin Bieber.
Day also was joined onstage during his monologue by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia co-star Danny Devito. The latter encouraged Day to give the most to his first turn on the show, which Day took as a cue to sing a song titled "Charlie Day Day."
The next scheduled SNL hosts are Emma Stone on Nov. 12 and Jason Segel on Nov. 19. Coldplay and Florence + the Machine will be the musical guests, respectively.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack