Charlie Sheen to Discuss Personal Branding at Promo Conference
Shortly before the launch of his new series "Anger Management," the controversial actor will be interviewed live by "Access Hollywood's" Billy Bush.
He may or may not bring along one of his goddesses when Charlie Sheen does a live interview at a conference about marketing, promotion and publicity, being held in Los Angeles.
Less than two weeks before he will be seen in his new series Anger Management on the FX network, Sheen will appear live at the PromaxBDA conference, which is being held from June 12 through 14.
Sheen will be interviewed by Access Hollywood anchor Billy Bush. According to an announcement Tuesday, Bush will talk to the actor about his personal brand, “how he keeps ahead of the entertainment curve, and his use of social media.”
“There is no doubt Charlie Sheen has created a uniquely personal brand that ignited a cultural conversation about entertainers and social media practices,” said Jonathan Block-Verk, president and CEO of PromaxBDA International.
The announcement did not specify the time or day Sheen will appear.
Sheen certainly has created a unique brand, although sometimes drawing as much critical attention as favorable publicity. After his highly publicized battle with Chuck Lorre, which led to him leaving the show Two and a Half Men, Sheen did a live event tour called "My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat Is Not An Option.” Sheen was also roasted on Comedy Central in September 2011, drawing 6.4 million viewers, making it among the most highly rated programs ever on the cable network.
Beginning on June 28, FX will air 10 episodes of Sheen’s new comedy series Anger Management. If it draws a large enough audience, FX is then contractually committed to air another 90 episodes of the series, which is also being sold overseas. Beginning in 2014, if it goes forward, Anger Management will also be licensed to cable TV and for broadcast syndication by Debmar Mercury, a unit of Lionsgate.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera