Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Gets 90-Episode Order From Canada's Bell Media
The move follows FX also restocking its schedule with the Lionsgate sitcom after an initial 10-episode run.
TORONTO – Bell Media on Wednesday welcomed being guaranteed Charlie Sheen’s Anger Management comedy well into the future.
The Canadian broadcaster was reacting to Sheen’s comeback sitcom from Lionsgate Entertainment receiving an additional 90-episode order from FX, after an initial 10-episode summer run.
“Today’s announcement ensures Canadian viewers will be entertained by Charlie Sheen, and the cast and creative team behind Anger Management, for years to come,” Mike Cosentino, senior VP of programming at CTV Networks, said.
Bell Media putting in its 90-episode order follows the main CTV network securing an impressive 2.93 million viewers for a sneak preview of the pilot episode on August 12, according to BBM Canada data.
CTV will air the pilot episode again on Sept. 11, before the Canadian series bows on Sept. 18.
Anger Management will then air in Canada on Fridays at 9:30 p.,m. on The Comedy Network.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR