Charlie Sheen Criticized, Jeffrey Ross Praised for Connecticut Show
Some Twitter users who attended Sunday's performance in Mashantucket insinuated that the roast master saved it from being a complete disaster.
Twitter users had some good things to say about Charlie Sheen's show in Mashantucket, Conn., on Sunday night -- just not necessarily about Sheen himself.
Mostly, they praised Jeffrey Ross and insinuated the roast master kept the show, the latest stop on his My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat Is Not an Option Tour, from becoming a total disaster. Ross first teamed up with Sheen on Saturday for his show at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, N.J.
"I will give Sheen a D+ for the show...just not funny... Ross an A," wrote local radio personality Adam Rivers, adding that Ross was "carrying the show." He also tweeted that he spoke to several ticketholders on the way out who agreed with him.
Added Melissa, another local radio personality, after the show was over: "And @CharlieSheen leaves the stage...@realjeffreyross killed that show lol. Made me laugh..."
In fact, Melissa even wrote at one point that "a big group of people just walked out...more and more are following now." Rivers also wrote something similar.
As for Ross, he was "f---in hysterical," Melissa wrote.
Among Ross' quips:
-- "Twenty minutes and no one's left yet. That's a record"
-- "Defeat is not an option, Charlie. Are refunds?"
-- "Your father is ashamed he shares the same fake name as you."
-- To a male audience member who may have been removed from the show: "You know how f---ed up you have to be to get kicked out of a Charlie Sheen Show?"
-- "Charlie, if you're winning then something's wrong with the f--king scoreboard."
Still, not everyone thought it was a complete failure. Jeff Weber, who runs a website that dispenses advice about credit, had a different take: "#charliesheen #foxwoods audience hung on every word. Much better than wallingford show. Sheen is improving."
And in fact, Sheen still received a standing ovation from those left in attendance after the show was over.
As for those who have criticized the show, Sheen said: "People have been complaining because they expect something at this show. Last I checked, I didn't advertise anything!"
Meanwhile, Sheen revealed that "goddess" Rachel Oberlin had ditched the tour, saying she had gotten homesick and that it was up to him if she would be allowed to come back.
He also said he was going back to Los Angeles after the show was over to get all his kids back. (His young children include two daughters with ex-wife Denise Richards and twin sons with ex-wife Brooke Mueller.)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)