Charlie Sheen Disses 'Two and a Half Men;' Reasons Show's Declining Ratings
The ousted actor, who settled his legal dispute with former bosses WB and Chuck Lorre last month, says he's "extremely disappointed" with the direction of the sitcom.
Season 9 of CBS’s Two and a Half Men is five episodes in with Ashton Kutcher as the show's new lead, but Charlie Sheen says he is not happy with the direction his former sitcom is heading.
The actor previously applauded Kutcher, saying he was “terrific” in the premiere episode last August. In the past few weeks, Sheen has been on something on an apology tour, taking the stage at this year’s Emmy Awards and wishing the Two and a Half Men team “nothing but the best” with their show revamp.
It seemed as though Sheen buried the hatchet last month with his former bosses, Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros. Television, when THR reported that the actor and the studio had resolved their $100 million legal dispute.
Sources had confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Sheen is set to receive an undisclosed lump sum payment in the millions of dollars from Warners, while Lorre pays nothing. In return, Sheen dropped all of his legal claims, and has agreed to refrain from disparaging his former boss in the media.
However, Sheen didn’t hold back when a videographer approached him in Los Angeles Thursday.
When asked about the show’s recent dip in ratings, he said, “People aren’t stupid… not all of them.”
Kutcher is “doing the best he can. I don’t think the role is cursed, but I’m extremely disappointed with how they’re handling what I left behind.”
While the season debuted to nearly 28 million viewers, the ratings have gone down week by week, with last week’s episode falling 12 percent from the week prior with 14.9 million viewers. Regardless, Two and a Half Men still claims the top spot for the 18-to-49-year-old demographic.