Charlie Sheen: ‘I’m Proud of’ Being Jewish
In a new interview, the “Two and a Half Men” star says it was “stupid” of him not to reveal that he was Jewish after he was criticized for making controversial remarks.
Charlie Sheen continued his media tour on Friday, even after he said he wouldn’t give any more interviews.
This time, the Two and a Half Men star called in to Billy Bush and Kit Hoover’s Access Hollywood Live, revealing that he in fact is Jewish.
“My mom is Jewish. Here’s where it gets confusing — we don’t know who her father was,” Sheen said in the phone interview. “But she is, in fact, Jewish. So I guess that would make me Jewish, and my children Jewish.”
He added: “And Brooke [Mueller], my ex-wife is Jewish. So I guess I should’ve rolled all that out too.”
Sheen was criticized for making anti-Semitic statements.
“You’re getting accused of anti-Semitic remarks. You might want to say, ‘By the way, I’m Jewish!,’ ” Bush told Sheen.
“I know, I know. Stupid me,” Sheen responded. “I just got caught sleeping -- caught napping. Which is rare for me. Anywho ... But I’m proud of it. There you have it.”
Sheen also revealed in the interview that he and Sean Penn were planning to make a trip to Haiti next week, which Penn’s rep denied Thursday night after a source told Access of the trip.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!