Charlie Sheen to Make Humanitarian Trip to Haiti With Sean Penn
The actor says he wants to "bring the attention of the world down there."
Charlie Sheen is planning to take a humanitarian trip to Haiti with his friend, actor Sean Penn.
Sheen told Access Hollywood that the two plan to visit the country still dealing with the aftershocks of a January 2010 earthquake.
“We’re going to do a couple things first and then it looks like we’re heading down (to Haiti),” Sheen said. “And I’m excited as hell because, you know, if I can bring the attention of the world down there, then clearly this tsunami keeps cresting.”
Penn responded to the January 2010 earthquake almost immediately, booking planes and bringing doctors and medical supplies into the chaotic conditions. A year later, he remains deeply involved in running a camp via J/P HRO that is home to 11,000 displaced residents.
When Sheen was asked during the 20/20 television interview which famous friends had reached out to him, he responded, "Colin Farrell, Sean Penn, Mel Gibson."
"They didn't give me any advice. Within that there's great advice. There's just love. Just seeing what's up," he said.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother