• The Hollywood Reporter on LinkedIn
  • Follow THR on Pinterest

Charlie Sheen Reveals Which Famous Friends Have Reached Out in '20/20' Interview

Charlie Sheen
Riccardo S. Savi/Getty Images

The troubled actor also admits to ABC News that he's going to have to find work to "get me through the summer" in the absence of his "Two and a Half Men" paychecks.

In the latest stop on Charlie Sheen's media blitz, the troubled actor revealed to ABC News which of his celebrity friends have reached out to him amid all the recent hoopla.

"Colin Farrell, Sean Penn, Mel Gibson," he said in an interview with 20/20 that aired Tuesday night. "They didn't give me any advice. Within that there's great advice. There's just love. Just seeing what's up."

During the interview, which was taped before the wave of recent interviews with Sheen but didn't air until Tuesday, reporter Andrea Canning asked Sheen how much money he's suing CBS and Warner Bros. for.

"Tons. They're going to put it on the scale and be like, a little more, a little more," he said. "Add some gold, all your toupees. Bingo! I'm here to collect, and they're going to lose."

The actor has repeatedly expressed his displeasure over the fact that he and the rest of the Two and a Half Men cast and crew aren't getting paid for the eight remaining episodes of the season that won't be shot.

Warner Bros. on Monday announced it would pay the crew for four more episodes (the episode order had been reduced following Sheen's recent rehab stint, which forced the show into hiatus).

Sheen's lawyers on Monday sent Warner Bros. and CBS a letter threatening legal action if the studio doesn't resume production of Men or pay Sheen the money owed on his contract. 

Sheen admitted to ABC News that he isn't broke but could use the money; he signed a new contract in May making him TV's highest-paid actor at $1.2 million an episode.

"I'm not [broke] but I was kind of counting on some of that money to get me through the summer," he said. "Now I've got to, like, work. But that's alright. Work's good. Work fuels the soul."

Production was shut down on the remainder of Men's eighth season last week following Sheen's angry tirade against series co-creator Chuck Lorre. For his part, Lorre has kept mostly quiet about Sheen, addressing the situation only in a vanity card at the end of one of his other shows, Mike & Molly (though he didn't mention Sheen by name).

Sheen told ABC News that he would be willing to work with Lorre again.

"Maybe two guys just sit in a room and say, 'Look, we hate each other, let's continue to make some great television."

He also had choice words for CBS executives regarding their visits to the Men set.

"When you walk into the house of Two and a Half Men you can smell the love," he said. "The fun stops at one. That's when they roll in. They just puke all over it. They're not welcome to be in the presence of what I'm delivering."

Sheen added that his Men character isn't based on his real life.

"If the true story was ever told, of course, it would have to be on cable," he said.

As for the different side of Sheen's personality that TV viewers are being introduced to during his media blitz, Sheen said: "I've been the aw-shucks guy with this bitchin' rock-star life, so now I'm going to completely embrace it. I'm going to wrap both arms around it and love it violently and defend it violently, through violent hatred."

Sheen also once again called out to his father, Martin Sheen, to "back off with your judgment."

He also addressed his rash of crazy comments, which have inspired a slew of Internet parodies.

"The words just sound cool together. They come from my grand wizard master," he said, adding: "You borrow my brain for five seconds and just be like dude, can't handle it, unplug this bastard. It fires in a way that is, I don't know, maybe not from this terrestrial realm. When you've got tiger blood and Adonis DNA, it's like, get with the program dude."

As he has in previous interviews, Sheen insisted he is drug-free -- he even took a drug test after the ABC News interview and passed -- but he still said he was "proud" of his most recent drug binge, which ultimately led to the Men shutdown.

"I'm proud of what I created," he said. "It was radical. I exposed people to magic. I exposed them to something they're never going to see in their boring normal lives."

He added that he's able to survive such drug binges "because I'm me. I'm different."