Charlie Sheen Roast to Air on Comedy Central Same Night as Ashton Kutcher's Debut on 'Men'
"You could say I've been providing kindling for this roast for a while,” says Sheen. “It's going to be epic.”
Charlie Sheen is coming back to TV.
The actor will be roasted by Comedy Central on Sept. 10 in Los Angeles. It will air on the network on Sept. 19 -- the same night Ashton Kutcher makes his debut as Sheen's replacement on CBS and Warner Bros.' Two and a Half Men -- at 10 p.m. ET.
"You could say I've been providing kindling for this roast for a while,” says Sheen in a statement. “It's time to light it up. It's going to be epic.”
Sheen has slammed Kutcher as his replacement and said that Men will tank without him, saying, "Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer ... Oh wait, so am I!! Enjoy the show America. Enjoy seeing a 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB...Enjoy planet Chuck [Lorre], Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."
The roast will be executive produced by Joel Gallen from Tenth Planet Productions, who was also EP and director of the Donald Trump, David Hasselhoff, Joan Rivers and Pamela Anderson roasts.
Sheen was fired from Two and a Half Men in March after a weeks-long media circus that had the actor attacking everything from Alcoholics Anonymous to series creator Lorre.
He then launched a Web series, Sheen's Korner, in which he continued his rant against his former bosses, and embarked on a nationwide tour, My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat Is Not an Option, which kicked off in early April with a disastrous show in Detroit. The monthlong tour proved to be hit or miss, with some crowds booing the star and walking out mid-show, while others gave him standing ovations.
At some tour stops, he expressed his desire to return to Men, even saying he would apologize to get his old job back.
He was recently rumored to be starring in a sitcom produced by Lionsgate TV, which is behind Mad Men, that sparked a bidding war between networks, including TBS. Lionsgate TV declined comment and TBS told The Hollywood Reporter, "TBS is not in discussions for a possible project with Charlie Sheen."
Earlier this month, Sheen suffered a legal setback when a Los Angeles Superior Court judge declined to exercise jurisdiction over the actor's $100 million lawsuit against Men studio Warner Bros. and Lorre.
Sheen wanted the case to be heard at a jury trial to pressure Warner Bros. to settle to avoid embarrassing details emerging. But now an arbitrator will likely hear the case, keeping the legal battle out of public view.
Kutcher was announced as his replacement in May.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game