Charlie Sheen to Start Tweeting Endorsements
11:37 AM PST 3/3/2011 by Paul Bond
He stands to make $1 million a year as he officially signs with Ad.ly, which specializes in celeb endorsements on the microblogging site.
Charlie Sheen is about to start Tweeting endorsements, and he could earn $1 million per year for his new gig.Arnie Gullov-Singh, CEO of Ad.ly, the company Sheen sought out for help getting him started on Twitter, said Sheen is likely to beat Kim Kardashian, who is their most prolific celebrity when it comes to earning cash for Tweets and Facebook ads. (Still, Sheen made $1.2 million per episode for Two and a Half Men.) Ad.ly told The Hollywood Reporter Thursday that Sheen has just become their newest of about 1,000 celebrity partners who can earn from $200 to about $25,000 for a single Tweet. gaining 1 million followers in a mere 25 hours and 17 minutes, is enough to convince brands that they should embrace Sheen despite his controversial quirks, to put it mildly. “He had the No. 1-rated show for seven years. You’d expect brands would be lining up to be involved with him in social media,” he said. Some of the bigger brands who advertise with Ad.ly and its celebrity Tweeters are Sony, Microsoft, Lionsgate, Microsoft and Old Navy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR