Charlie Sheen Won't Get Paid for Planned 'Two and a Half Men' Episodes
The rest of the cast and crew also face the possibility of no more paychecks after CBS and Warner Bros. TV shut down production on the comedy series.
Now that CBS and Warner Bros. TV have shut down production on Two and a Half Men for the rest of the season, star Charlie Sheen won't get paid for the episodes that had yet to shoot, sources said.
For Sheen, that's a steep pay cut: The actor was making a reported $1.2 million per episode, making him the highest-paid TV actor, thanks to a new contract signed in May. However, he still rakes in money from the show’s syndication run.
But the shutdown also means that the rest of the cast and crew are unlikely to continue receiving their paychecks as well. CBS and WBTV specifically said the show was shut down for this season only. But with the series facing an uncertain future, those affected by the shutdown might be inclined to start searching for new jobs.
WBTV declined to comment.
The shutdown came on the heels of Sheen's rant against the show's co-creator Chuck Lorre on Thursday.
Production had been scheduled to resume Feb. 28 on four new episodes, instead of the eight as originally planned.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR