Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Sold to Comedy Central India
The Lionsgate sitcom for FX is headed to the Indian 24/7 channel, after earlier sales to Canada and a dozen international territories.
TORONTO – Lionsgate has sold the Charlie Sheen-starring sitcom Anger Management to Comedy Central India.
India’s 24/7 comedy channel picked up the exclusive broadcast rights from Lionsgate International Television.
The Lionsgate sitcom, which has a 90-episode order from FX and CTV in Canada, has also been sold to Latin America, the UK, Scandinavia, Australia/New Zealand, Germany, Benelux, Poland, Spain and South Africa.
In the U.S., Debmar Mercury also sold Anger Management into syndication with the Fox station group.
The comedy is based on the 2003 film of the same name, and is produced by Lionsgate Television in conjunction with Revolution Studios, Evolution Entertainment, Mohawk Productions and Estevez Sheen Productions.
The Indian TV deal was arranged by Rohit Tiwari at Morris St. Advisors, Lionsgate's partner and agent in India.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche