Charlize Theron Starrer 'Young Adult' Opens in Limited Release Dec. 9
Director Jason Reitman's likely awards contender will expand nationwide on Dec. 16
Paramount will launch Jason Reitman's Young Adult in a limited run on Dec. 9, followed by a nationwide bow on Dec. 16.
The studio is using the same release pattern for Young Adult -- a likely awards contender -- it employed with The Fighter last year. That film opened on the same weekend in four theaters, expanding into a total of 2,503 locations the next weekend.
Young Adult reunites Reitman with Juno scribe Diablo Cody, and stars Charlize Theron, Patrick Wilson and Patton Oswalt.
The story follows a young adult author (Theron) who returns to her hometown in the hopes of reclaiming her happy youth -- and her now-married high school sweetheart (Wilson.). But her plan doesn't go so well, and she soon forms an unusual bond with another former classmate (Oswalt).
December is already jam-packed with releases. Also opening on Dec. 9 is Madonna's W.E., followed on Dec. 16 by the Meryl Streep Margaret Thatcher biopic The Iron Lady. Both films are considered awards contenders, and are being released domestically by the Weinstein Co.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)