Charlize Theron Starrer 'Young Adult' Opens in Limited Release Dec. 9
Director Jason Reitman's likely awards contender will expand nationwide on Dec. 16
Paramount will launch Jason Reitman's Young Adult in a limited run on Dec. 9, followed by a nationwide bow on Dec. 16.
The studio is using the same release pattern for Young Adult -- a likely awards contender -- it employed with The Fighter last year. That film opened on the same weekend in four theaters, expanding into a total of 2,503 locations the next weekend.
Young Adult reunites Reitman with Juno scribe Diablo Cody, and stars Charlize Theron, Patrick Wilson and Patton Oswalt.
The story follows a young adult author (Theron) who returns to her hometown in the hopes of reclaiming her happy youth -- and her now-married high school sweetheart (Wilson.). But her plan doesn't go so well, and she soon forms an unusual bond with another former classmate (Oswalt).
December is already jam-packed with releases. Also opening on Dec. 9 is Madonna's W.E., followed on Dec. 16 by the Meryl Streep Margaret Thatcher biopic The Iron Lady. Both films are considered awards contenders, and are being released domestically by the Weinstein Co.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Can You Guess These Famous Lines From Office Space From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- Make Your Own Shonda Rhimes Monologue With Vulture’s Scandal Monologue Mad-Libs
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Valerie Harper Clarifies 'Absolutely Cancer Free' Comment
- Taylor Swift's Superfan Gena Shares More Pics from Her Surprise Bridal Shower Visit!
- Rosie O'Donnell Shows Off Fifty Pound Weight Loss - See Her Before & After!
- North West is Such an Angel - See Kim Kardashian & Kanye West's Daughter's Adorable Outfit!