Charlotte Gainsbourg Joins Lars von Trier Porno 'Nymphomaniac'
The French star of "Melancholia" and "Antichrist" will star alongside Stellan Skarsgard in von Trier's hard-core drama.
COLOGNE, Germany - Charlotte Gainsbourg is back for a third try with Danish director Lars von Trier, signing up to co-star in von Trier's pornographic drama Nymphomaniac alongside Stellan Skarsgard.
Gainsbourg has starred in two of von Trier's most controversial films: the graphic horror film Antichrist, co-starring Willem Defoe; and Melancholia, which got the director banned from Cannes after he made jokes apparently expressing sympathy for Hitler at at press conference.
But Nymphomaniac, which promises to trace “the erotic life of a woman from the age of zero to the age of 50," could be von Trier's most scandalous film yet. Gainsbourg is set to play Joe, a woman who tells the story of her sexual history to the older bachelor Seligman (Skarsgard).
Von Trier plans to shoot both a soft and hardcore version of the English-language feature, with the latter expected to include graphic depictions of penetration. German funding body the NRW Filmstifftung is backing Nymphomaniac with $1.6 million (€1.2 million) in production subsidies. The film will be shot entirely in the German state of North-Rhein Westphalia, where von Trier shot Antichrist. Production is set to begin this summer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!