Charter Communications Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
The cable company is filling its executive ranks with former Cablevision hands.
Charter Communications, the fourth largest cable company in the U.S., has named John Bickham as its new chief operating officer. Bickham will be responsible for overseeing the operations of a company that emerged from bankruptcy in 2009 and earned more than $7 billion in revenue last year.
The appointment marks the second time in the last few months that Charter has taken a top executive from Cablevision, often credited as helping move the cable industry forward by bundling video with Internet and phone services. In December, Charter hired as its new president and chief executive Tom Rutledge, who was previously Cablevision's chief operating officer.
Now at Charter, Rutledge is grabbing one of his former colleages as his own COO. Bickham most recently served as president of cable and communications for Cablevision.
Bickham has also served in the past as an executive vice president of Time Warner Cable, a founding executive at KBLCOM, and in 2007, was given the cable industry's Vanguard Award for operations management for more than two decades of service in the industry.
"John knows this industry well, and appreciates what it takes to run operations most effectively," said Rutledge. "We've worked together for many years and I'm confident in his ability to help this organization achieve its full potential."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game