Chaz Bono Stars in 'Independence Day' Musical at Hollywood Fringe
The annual arts festival takes over Los Angeles in June.
Independence Day, the musical?
The Will Smith action blockbuster is getting the musical treatment at the Los Angeles-based Hollywood Fringe Festival, an annual arts festival featuring hundreds of productions by local, national, and international arts companies and independent performers.
Chaz Bono is starring in the 30 Minutes Musicals (30MM) production, which will have shows on June 18, 19, 23, 25, 26 and 30 at 8 p.m. in West Hollywood. Bono will play the president (the role of Bill Pullman in the film) in the production. He will indeed sing and dance.
30MM: Independence Day is a Secondline Production, adapted/directed by Brooke Seguin, with original music by Dan Wessels and Brooke Seguin, produced by Tom Detrinis and Lindsay Wray.
30 Minutes Musicals has previously made musicals out of popular films Showgirls, Jurassic Park, Top Gun, Ghostbusters, Teen Witch and Home Alone. Bono, who was first transgender contestant on the ABC reality competition Dancing With the Stars, made his first foray into theater with 30MM's musical production of Roadhouse.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game