Chaz Bono Stars in 'Independence Day' Musical at Hollywood Fringe
The annual arts festival takes over Los Angeles in June.
Independence Day, the musical?
The Will Smith action blockbuster is getting the musical treatment at the Los Angeles-based Hollywood Fringe Festival, an annual arts festival featuring hundreds of productions by local, national, and international arts companies and independent performers.
Chaz Bono is starring in the 30 Minutes Musicals (30MM) production, which will have shows on June 18, 19, 23, 25, 26 and 30 at 8 p.m. in West Hollywood. Bono will play the president (the role of Bill Pullman in the film) in the production. He will indeed sing and dance.
30MM: Independence Day is a Secondline Production, adapted/directed by Brooke Seguin, with original music by Dan Wessels and Brooke Seguin, produced by Tom Detrinis and Lindsay Wray.
30 Minutes Musicals has previously made musicals out of popular films Showgirls, Jurassic Park, Top Gun, Ghostbusters, Teen Witch and Home Alone. Bono, who was first transgender contestant on the ABC reality competition Dancing With the Stars, made his first foray into theater with 30MM's musical production of Roadhouse.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting