CHCH announces fall schedule
Late night offerings include 'Nightline,' 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
TORONTO -- Canadian superstation CHCH is back in the U.S. primetime series business.
The Toronto-based over-the-air TV station unveiled a fall schedule top-lined by CW's "Supernatural" and "Smallville" series, CBS' 48 Hours Mystery, NBC's "Chuck" and ABC's "20/20" series.
Hamilton, Ontario-based CHCH, which also beams into the Toronto market, will also go late night with ABC's "Nightline" and "Jimmy Kimmel Live."
The return to U.S. primetime follows CHCH last year being acquired by indie broadcaster Channel Zero from a struggling Canwest Global Communications Corp.
Channel Zero immediately ditched expensive U.S. series from the station's schedule, including a slate of E! Entertainment-branded shows, and went instead with a rolling news format by day, and movies at night and on weekends.
But Channel Zero emerged as a buyer of U.S. series at the Los Angeles Screenings as it put together an upcoming fall/winter schedule to entice advertisers and audiences.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack