'Cheap Thrills' Trailer: 'Anchorman's' David Koechner Offers Cash for Increasingly Crazy Tasks (Video)
The film, co-starring Ethan Embry, debuted at SXSW and was quickly picked up by Drafthouse Films.
What would you do for a few hundred dollars?
That's the concept at the heart of the dark comedy/horror film Cheap Thrills, which premiered at this year's South by Southwest Film Festival and was quickly picked up by Drafthouse Films. The movie doesn't yet have a U.S. release date, but its deal with Drafthouse included a minimal theatrical commitment, VOD and home entertainment.
The first international trailer debuted over the weekend.
In the movie, Pat Healy plays a recently fired man (Pat) in need of cash and facing eviction. The trailer shows him commiserating with Ethan Embry's character, Vince, who explains that he once broke a man's arm for $80 while his daughter watched.
While out one night, Pat and Vince meet Colin and Violet, played by Anchorman's David Koechner and Sara Paxton. The two have $250,000 that they offer to Pat and Vince in various denominations based on whoever does the increasingly crazy and violent things Koechner's character asks of them.
The movie was directed by first-time filmmaker E.L. Katz.
Watch the full trailer below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche