Chello Zone's Horror Channel Snaps Up Spine-Tinglers for Italy
Titles include "Three," starring Billy Zane and Malcolm McDowell starrer "The Barber."
LONDON – Italian viewers tuning into the Horror Channel, operated by pan-European broadcaster Chello Zone, will be picking up survival tips next year.
Chello Zone snapped up a slew of spine-tinglers in a deal with sales house Cinemavault for the Horror Channel in Italy including movies starring Billy Zane, Malcolm McDowell and Noel Gugliemi.
The Horror channel launched in Italy Sept. 6 with almost three million tuning in for the debut.
Airing in 2012, the acquired films include Three, starring Zane and model turned actress Kelly Brook, the McDowell starrer The Barber and Dead Meat, an Irish zombie movie starring Spanish theater actress Marian Araujo.
Chello Zone director of programming Adam Robinson said: “Horror Channel in Italy has proved a ratings success since its launch last month, particularly in prime and late night, and these new acquisitions demonstrate our commitment to show-casing high quality, cutting-edge, horror titles.”
Horror Channel also airs in the U.K. where it is biggest non PSB free-to-air movie channel on satcaster BSkyB homes.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR