Chelsea Clinton Close to Extending NBC News Contract
The former first daughter has served as a special correspondent, contributing to "NBC Nightly News" and "Rock Center With Brian Williams."
NEW YORK - Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton, who has served as a special correspondent for NBC News since late last year, is close to extending her three-month contract with the broadcast network's news division, the New York Times reported.
The daughter of former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has contributed Making a Difference segments to the NBC Nightly News and also appeared on Rock Center With Brian Williams.
Some observers slammed NBC News for bringing Clinton on board. But NBC News president Steve Capus defended the hiring of Clinton saying it was not as a publicity stunt and promising to keep her away from political news coverage.
Clinton's debut drew mixed reviews from media critics. A spokeswoman for NBC declined to comment on Clinton's contract situation, according to the Times.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche