Chelsea Handler Attacks '16 and Pregnant,' 'Real Housewives'
The comedienne says shows about teen pregnancy make her "want to kill somebody" and calls the Atlanta version of "Housewives" "racist."
Chelsea Handler apparently isn't a fan of MTV's 16 and Pregnant or similar shows about teen pregnancy.
The actress/comedienne/late-night host said she is bothered by the fact pregnant teens -- and teenage parents -- are essentially glorified on national TV.
"Getting rewarded for being pregnant when you're a teenager?" she said in an interview with the New York Times. "Are you serious? I mean, that makes me want to kill somebody."
Handler is speaking from experience: She revealed that she had an abortion when she was 16 "because that's what I should have done. Otherwise I would now have a 20-year-old kid. Anyway, those are things that people shouldn't be dishonest about it."
Handler also had harsh words for Bravo's The Real Housewives of Atlanta -- and, by extension, the people who watch them.
"We're seeking out such grossness in human behavior and want such mindless entertainment," she said. "The Real Housewives of Atlanta and some of these other shows are more racist."
Handler, who hosts E!'s Chelsea Lately and stars in the network's After Lately, is set to star opposite Reese Witherspoon in the romantic comedy This Means War and recently signed on to appear in the thriller Mall.
Last week, NBC picked up to series a comedy based on her book Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR