Chelsea Handler defends herself as VMA host
She vows on Twitter to strike back tonight at Perez Hilton
"@perezhilton oh, f**k off. I had a blast and the show awesome last night. Bomb? Your life is a bomb," wrote Handler, who promised to retaliate on her E! late-night show Monday. "Oh, its on tonight. Game on." See photos of the wackiest star outfits at the VMAs.
But Handler may have already gotten the best revenge.
"Just got word...Highest rated vma's since 2002. Good job, mtv! Good job, kiddo," she wrote on Twitter Monday afternoon. The Hollywood Reporter has learned 11.4 million viewers tuned in, up 27 percent from 2009.
Perez wasn't the only one who criticized Handler's hosting show. "She was among the worst in show's history -- purposefully out-of-touch, with brief, alarming flashes of off-color racial humor," wrote the New York Times. The Washington Post called her performance, "a string of flat punch lines [that] felt a few degrees below crass."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR