Chelsea Handler To Play Victoria Justice's Mom In Josh Schwartz Comedy 'Fun Size' (Exclusive)
Paramount Pictures is in negotiations with the "Chelsea Lately" host to join the teen comedy.
Late-night host and comedienne Chelsea Handler is in negotiations to join the cast of Fun Size, Paramount’s teen comedy starring Nickelodeon star Victoria Justice. The pic is serving as the directorial debut of TV creator Josh Schwartz.
Handler will play the mother of a sarcastic teenage girl (Justice) who is forced to take her little brother trick-or-treating on Halloween, then loses him and must find him before their mother finds out.
Colbert Report scribe Max Werner wrote the script.
Schwartz is producing with his Fake Empire partner Stephanie Savage as well as Anonymous Content’s Bard Dorros and David Kanter.
The project is shooting in and around Cleveland, Ohio.
CAA-repped Handler has been slowly making moves into the feature world. She recently appeared in Universal’s CG/live-action hybrid Hop and has This Means War, McG’s Reese Witherspoon/Chris Pine/Tom Hardy romantic action comedy, in the can.
Paramount had no comment.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'