'Chelsea Lately's' Ross Mathews Lands Book Deal
The comedian and television star's "MAN UP!: Tales of My Delusional Self-Confidence" will be published in May and include an introduction from Gwyneth Paltrow and afterword from Chelsea Handler.
Comedian Ross Mathews, a frequent roundtable guest on Chelsea Lately and a staple of E!’s red carpet specials, has signed a book deal with Grand Central Publishing.
The book, MAN UP!: Tales of My Delusional Self-Confidence, will be Mathews’ first and include a humorous collection of observations and personal stories. It also will feature a foreword by actress Gwyneth Paltrow and an afterword by late-night host Chelsea Handler.
"Ross has been a friend of mine for 10 years, and this book is hilariously sad, hilariously naïve and hilariously gay. I love this book,” Handler said.
Mathews got his start on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno in 2001 and remains a correspondent there. He also has starred in E! Network’s After Lately, and his own talk show has been in the works with E! for about a year.
“Not to totally toot my own tooter, but MAN UP! is my greatest triumph since that summer vacation I spent memorizing every line in Steel Magnolias. Filled with every embarrassingly honest detail of my personal and professional milestones, reading MAN UP! is like having an all-access pass to my private diary (only with less unicorn stickers),” Mathews said.
The book is slated for publication May 7.
MAN UP! will be the second book to be published under the A Chelsea Handler Book/Borderline Amazing imprint of Grand Central. It will be available in downloadable audio and e-book formats.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!