Cher Staging Broadway Musical About Her Life
The singer tweeted that she and producers are collaborating on a show that will tell her story and feature her music.
According to Cher, there are three sides to the iconic musician -- and they will all be featured in a forthcoming Broadway musical.
“Prod r trying 2 write musical now about my life with my music,” Cher wrote on Twitter Monday, adding that she will help write the script because, “I was there and know the stories that no one knows but me!”
The Burlesque star explained that the show would feature three important stages in her life: the first before meeting future husband Sonny Bono through the couple’s Sonny & Cher days; another after her split from Bono through her comeback Believe tour; and current day, which includes recording new music and a potential fall tour. According to the singer, the show would feature her original music.
“I hope it happens!” Cher added of the project. “It’s a VERY SLOW PROCESS! Been working on it quite a while now.”
As for whether the show would be a starring vehicle for the 66-year-old, Cher jokes that she may play “old Cher.”
“She’s wise n tells 2 young 1’s not 2 fear future,” she wrote.
Cher is currently working on a new album -- her 26th -- to feature what she describes as “hardcore dance” music, including one track written by Lady Gaga and produced by RedOne. In February, the singer told fans that she would be hitting the road for a tour in September.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR