Cher, Kathy Griffin Slam Mitt Romney as 'Anti-Women' in PSA (Video)
The women express concern over Senate candidates Richard Mourdock and Todd Akin, and say GOP vp nominee Paul Ryan looks like "Dracula."
The video, "Don't Let Mitt Turn Back Time on Women's Rights," features footage of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney stumping for Richard Mourdock, the U.S. Senate candidate who came under fire for saying pregnancies resulting from rape were part of God’s plan.
“Romney and his buddies are trying to turn back time on women’s rights,” Griffin says.
The video focuses on defeating Mourdock and embattled Senate candidate Todd Akin, who said in August that women’s bodies could prevent pregnancy in instances of “legitimate rape.”
“There’s a lot at stake for women and people who like and respect women,” Cher says. She calls GOP candidates' abortion policy "sick stuff," and also refers to Republican vp nominee Paul Ryan as “the guy who looks like Dracula."
Cher, a staunch supporter of President Obama, has been known for speaking out about politics over Twitter. She was found to be the fifth least credible political celebrity by a THR poll released this week.
Watch the video below.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical