Former Chernin Entertainment Exec Tapped as Paul Feig's Exec VP
Jessie Henderson worked with the comedy director on Fox's "The Heat."
Jessie Henderson, formerly of Chernin Entertainment, has been tapped to act as executive vice president of Feigco Entertainment, the banner of comedy director Paul Feig.
Feig is the director behind Bridesmaids and creator of cult comedy TV show Freaks and Geeks. Newly created Feigco is based at Fox and aims to make four-quadrant comedies that have strong female characters.
Henderson will be tasked with pinpointing as well as developing new projects. She will also oversee projects developed internally.
Henderson was the exec at Chernin that helped develop The Heat, bringing the project to Feig. The subsequent movie, which stars Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock, is due to open in June.
In addition to the Henderson hire, Joshua Thurston will be upped to creative executive.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead