Former Chernin Entertainment Exec Tapped as Paul Feig's Exec VP
Jessie Henderson worked with the comedy director on Fox's "The Heat."
Jessie Henderson, formerly of Chernin Entertainment, has been tapped to act as executive vice president of Feigco Entertainment, the banner of comedy director Paul Feig.
Feig is the director behind Bridesmaids and creator of cult comedy TV show Freaks and Geeks. Newly created Feigco is based at Fox and aims to make four-quadrant comedies that have strong female characters.
Henderson will be tasked with pinpointing as well as developing new projects. She will also oversee projects developed internally.
Henderson was the exec at Chernin that helped develop The Heat, bringing the project to Feig. The subsequent movie, which stars Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock, is due to open in June.
In addition to the Henderson hire, Joshua Thurston will be upped to creative executive.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10