Cheryl Cole to Judge Simon Cowell's 'X-Factor'
The British singer says she’s “so excited” to join the U.S. version.
Cheryl Cole will be a judge on The X Factor, Fox announced Thursday.
She'll join Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid at the judge's table. The Hollywood Reporter first revealed Reid will join the show.
The British singer (who once performed in group Girls Aloud) -- who has long rumored to join the U.S. show -- served as a judge on the U.K. version.
Another judge will be announced at a later date.
“I’m thrilled for Cheryl. She is massively excited about this show, and has been fantastic to work with,” says Cowell in a statement. “She is also a complete brat! Most importantly, this girl can spot talent.”
“I’m so excited to be taking part in the American version of The X Factor," Cole says in a statement. "I absolutely love it here in the U.K., and with the talent they have out in America, I’m sure we’re going to find someone very special. I can’t wait to get started. I just can’t decide whether I am more excited to find and nurture the talent or for the unbelievable amount of amusement and entertainment I will have watching Simon doing everything and anything he can to beat me. He’s tried to beat me for three years in the U.K., and hasn’t even come close. His ego must be so bruised. America is gonna love this.”
“Cheryl Cole has the whole The X Factor package: She’s an incredibly talented artist and performer, as well as a style icon, and she has that special charisma that draws in fans around the world,” says Mike Darnell, president of alternative entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. “Cheryl’s charm and chemistry with Simon have been a key part of the overwhelming success of ‘The X Factor’ in the U.K., and we can’t wait to welcome her to the U.S. on our air.”
“As a young artist whose talent show discovery led to almost immediate stardom, Cheryl’s career exemplifies the promise of The X Factor,” says executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz. “Her empathy and passion for identifying and nurturing undiscovered talent has made her a huge hit with British audiences, and I have no doubt America will fall in love with her beauty, her accent and her incredible chemistry with Simon Cowell.”
Auditions continue in Dallas, TX, on Thursday, May 26. Now through this Sunday, May 8, hopefuls may also audition in specially built high-definition recording studios in Honolulu, HI; Phoenix, AZ; Nashville, TN; Anchorage, AK; Kansas City, KS; and Denver, CO.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama