Chicago Mayor Opens Cable Show With Joke About Agent Brother Ari Emanuel
"I like Ari Gold more than I like you," Rahm Emanuel says he told his Hollywood powerbroker brother after seeing "Entourage" for the first time.
NEW YORK - "On behalf of the entire Emanuel family, we apologize for Ari," Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel quipped in opening the Cable Show in Chicago on Tuesday with a reference to his Hollywood agent brother.
"We believe we got the worse end of the deal," he added in a keynote speech, which was webcast, to kick off the industry gathering.
After he saw HBO's Entourage, whose Ari Gold character is based on the William Morris Endeavor Entertainment boss, for the first time, his brother asked him how he liked it, Rahm Emanuel said. "I like Ari Gold more than I like you," he said he told his brother.
Cable Show co-chair and Discovery Communications CEO David Zaslav had introduced Emanuel by saying that to most in the entertainment industry, "he is known as Ari's brother."
Zaslav and co-chair Jerry Kent, chairman and CEO of Suddenlink Communications, had welcomed the industry crowd with funny pictures that they joked they had taken together all over Chicago.
Zaslav lauded the cable industry for being in a golden age and said the Cable Show is like "Lollapalooza without the smell."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR