China crew Vegas-bound
As this year's American Film Market winds down, the event's largest-ever Chinese delegation took off for the bright lights and entertainment on offer in Las Vegas.
The delegation, led by Han Sanping, president of state-run China Film Group, decamped Saturday afternoon en masse from the AFM to jet to the U.S. gambling mecca. Others lured to the Nevada desert resort included Wang Zhongjun, CEO of Huayi Bros., a leading independent entertainment company, and Zhou Tiedong, head of China Film Group's overseas promotion.
The contingent picked from the party of 25-plus is scheduled to return to Santa Monica to see out the remaining few days of the market.
"If you travel thousands of miles around the world and Las Vegas is only a few hundred miles away, it seems silly to not go," one marketgoer said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR