China, South Korean City to Collaborate on Films, TV Dramas
Chinese and Jeonju film and media industry bodies will form a joint committee to look for co-production projects.
SEOUL -- The South Korean city of Jeonju will work closely with Chinese film and media industry bodies to set up joint movie and TV drama ventures, the Jeonju metropolitan government announced Tuesday.
Jeonju, best known for hosting Korea's largest indie film event, the Jeonju International Film Festival, said it would create a joint production committee with the China Film Producers' Association (CFPA).
Details of the cooperation will be finalized during next year's Jeonju Film Festival, which is slated to run May 1-9.
The Jeonju Film Commission, the Jeonju IT&CT Industry Promotion Agency (JTIC), the Jeonju International Film Festival organizing committee, China Film Producers' Association, Chinese TV network CCTV6 and other Chinese film bodies will take part.
The committee will help bring together Korean content and technology with China's fast-growing film market and funding. The two sides are expecting to cooperate from pre-production to post-production.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!