China's Internet Titan Tencent Invests $69 Million in Film Studio Huayi Brothers
The messaging and game giant brings China's film and Internet businesses closer than ever before.
BEIJING – China’s largest Internet company, the instant messaging and online gaming giant Tencent, made its first investment in the film business, paying $69 million for a 4.6 percent stake in Huayi Brothers Media to become the largest institutional shareholder in the country’s biggest non-state film company.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR