YOU On Demand Inks Distribution Deal with Dalian Tiantu Cable Network
The hundreds of Hollywood and domestic Chinese titles covered by the on demand company's services will be available to the cable company's 1.6 million subscribers.
HONG KONG – China’s Nasdaq listed pay-per-view and video-on-demand service YOU On Demand has inked a deal with Chinese cable operator Dalian Tiantu Cable Network to distribute film content through the latter’s Transactional Video On Demand (TVOD) and Subscription Video On Demand services.
YOU On Demand’s SVOD and “CHC Cinema On Demand” services, which cover hundreds of Hollywood and domestic Chinese titles, respectively, will be available to Dalian’s 1.6 million cable subscribers in China by the end of 2012. The deal will boost YOU On Demand’s cable distribution in China to 5.5 million homes.
YOU On Demand currently has content deals with major Hollywood studios including Warner Bros. Entertainment, Disney Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate, Miramax and Magnolia Pictures, a selection of titles from independent and Chinese filmmakers, and strategic partnerships with the largest media entities in China.
“YOU On Demand is actively focused on continuing to grow our distribution platform as we deliver the world’s best content to customers in the comfort of their homes,” said Chairman and CEO of YOU On Demand Shane McMahon.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR