Chiwetel Ejiofor spying on 'Salt' film role
Actor would star opposite Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber
Chiwetel Ejiofor is in negotiations to join the cast of "Salt," the Angelina Jolie spy thriller that Phillip Noyce is directing for Columbia.
The high-profile project centers on a CIA officer named Salt (Jolie) who is fingered as a Russian sleeper spy set out to assassinate the president. The woman struggles to prove that someone else is the traitor.
Ejiofor will play Peabody, a CIA counterintelligence officer.
Liev Schreiber also is in the cast, playing Salt's boss and friend on the CIA's Russian desk.
The pic shoots next month in New York. Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Sunil Perkash are producing.
ICM-repped Ejiofor, whose credits include as "Inside Man" and "American Gangster," next appears in Columbia's Roland Emmerich tentpole "2012."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR