Chris Brown to Appear Next in D.C. Court
The singer's Monday hearing in Washington is now scheduled for Jan. 8.
WASHINGTON – R&B singer Chris Brown's next court appearance in Washington is now scheduled for Jan. 8.
A D.C. Superior Court judge granted the new date Monday. Brown's attorneys successfully argued that he should not be forced to leave anger management rehabilitation in Los Angeles to travel to Washington for Monday's hearing.
Brown was ordered into rehab last week following a Los Angeles court appearance.
Brown and bodyguard Christopher Hollosy will be required to appear at the next hearing. They were arrested last month on charges of punching a man outside a hotel when he tried to jump into a picture with the singer. Brown faces a misdemeanor assault charge.
His lawyers sought the delay because they said they haven't had an opportunity to review evidence with him.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR