Chris Brown Charged With Hit-and-Run, Could Face Jail Time
The R&B singer is currently on probation for assaulting Rihanna back in 2009 and may spend six months in prison.
Another day, another run-in with the law for R&B singer Chris Brown.
According to Los Angeles city prosecutors, Brown has been officially charged with two misdemeanors, driving without a valid license and hit-and-run, relating to a fender bender on May 21.
After Brown rear-ended another car with his Range Rover he failed to exchange information with the driver, said Frank Mateljan, a spokesman for the Los Angeles city attorney’s office.
The entertainer was driving without a valid license, and left the scene without producing a driver’s license or proof of insurance for his vehicle.
If convicted of all charges, Brown could spend six months in jail.
This comes a day after Brown was accused of assaulting a woman at Heat Ultra Lounge in Anaheim. Brown’s camp is vehemently denying the charges.
Brown’s violent antics were most famously on display when he was put on probation after being convicted of domestic violence for striking fellow pop star Rihanna. It is possible that the judge could determine that the hit-and-run charge would amount to a violation of that probation and sentence Brown to jail.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR